What’s The Difference Between Comprehensive & Collision Coverage?

Thursday, 02 December 2021

Comprehensive Or Collision

Have you ever made an appointment with your insurance agent to discuss auto insurance, and the second they start discussing the different types of coverages, you find yourself tuning out?

We understand how confusing and overwhelming insurance can be. That’s why, as insurance nerds, it’s our job to educate you on your coverages so you can feel empowered to make the right decisions when it comes to your insurance needs.

When it comes to auto insurance, there are two types of coverages you need to be aware of: comprehensive and collision. Keep in mind that both types of coverages have deductible limits that will have to be paid before your insurance company pays on a claim.

Now, to make it simple, let’s break down the two different coverages.

First, let’s talk about comprehensive, AKA “other than collision coverage”. Comprehensive coverage provides coverage to your vehicle for losses that outside of your control. This might be vandalism, fire, theft, glass breakage, or any animal damage that is caused on the inside or outside of the vehicle.

Next, let’s talk about collision coverage. It’s important to note that collision coverage has a separate deductible from comprehensive coverage. Collision provides coverage for when your vehicle collides with someone else’s vehicle or when someone else’s vehicle collides with yours.

If you still need clarity on the difference between collision or comprehensive coverage,  or you’d like to take a look at coverage limits, give Clevenger Insurance a call today at 574-267-2181.